Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Fish, Small Adams

I had a few hours one Saturday to head up and try and find some BWO on the Provo. Since I did not have much time I decided to fish right next to the lot where I parked. Luckily I found some sippers hugging the bank. I tied on a size 18 (maybe it was a 20) Adams and started targeting the most consistent riser. I got the fish to finally notice the fly and he had to have it. It looked so enticing he turned downstream, made a quick follow and sucked the fly down. I love it when they do that. I thought it was just and average 14 incher until he ran downstream and put on an aerial display. Luckily the hookset held as well as my 5x tippet and I landed a beautiful fish pushing 17 or 18 inches. I managed to pull a submarine trick with my camera a few weeks earlier so I was unable to document the fish. Putting the camera in a bag of rice did not save it this time, oh well.

No comments: