Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crappie Day

The weather was cold and drizzly but after finishing a test in the morning I thought I would head back to a local crappie pond and see what I could find. I basically just circled the pond slowly and the crappies were willing. I was using a white micro jig (fly) with a red collar. I suspended it under an indicator and slowly worked the fly in short strips. They loved the fly and I didn't change it once. I brought my iPod Touch 4g along and decided to shoot video with it. It was awkward but I would bring the fish in so I could shoot with one hand then lift the rod to bring the fish in the rest of the way. Most of the fight was over at that point but it was still fun to capture the fish in the water for a few seconds. Anyway, no pics in this post just this video shot and edited entirely with my iPod. Hopefully I can figure out how to export the video in HD quality in the future.

2 comments:

FishnDave said...

That's a really cool video, Ben!
How did you retrieve line AND hold your camera phone at the same time??

Ben said...

I didn't ha ha. I would just reel in so the fish was fairly close. Then I would struggle to quickly get my iPod out of my pocket then I would start shooting and simply lift the rod vertical to bring the fish in the rest of the way.