Thursday, October 30, 2008

Midges N' Bridges

I headed out solo on a blustery day with the intention to throw streamers for aggressive trout. I was not having much luck with the streamer but when I was beside a bridge I looked underneath into the shadows and noticed fish rising. I saw some midges and maybe a blue winged olive or two so I switched from throwing the meat to a small dry. It was very difficult to get a good downstream drift under the bridge and it was equally hard to cast up under it from the other side. Luckily the hatch turned on strong enough for a few minutes to bring a few fish up that were sitting on the downstream side of the bridge. I got a good take from an inconsistent riser and the fish did a nice acrobatic display before being landed. I think the fish was just as surprised as I was hence the aerial antics. It was a beautiful specimen and was a perfect end to a few hours of fishing.


No comments: