Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stillwater Cutts

Jim invited me to head up to a local stillwater with him and David to meet up with Newman, a generous friend of theirs that took us out in his boat. I brought the fly rod along but my Dad's 11 foot spinning rod was so fun to cast I stuck with it the whole day. I worked the water for a bit with Jim's fly rod but did not manage any hookups. The day was not fast as far as fishing goes but it was a great day and everyone caught fish. The highlight was a 23 inch cutthroat that Newman caught. Jim also managed to land a fish on the fly rod which was fun for him. We spent the majority of the time trolling tube jigs and the infamous red or white rabbit. Once we got caught in a downpour accompanied by some gale force winds which was a lot of fun. It was great to be out on the water and fun to be out in a boat for a change.


Unexpected catch by David


Newman's hog

Freak storm

Jim's fish on the fly

Woolley Buggered trout

Cruising

A fish I caught on a castmaster. I could bomb the lure out a couple hundred feet it seemed with my dad's 11 footer.

Mysterious floating fish

1 comment:

jabberwock said...

Looks like you had all the makins of some good nosh! Narleens style.

something like a trout and crawfish gumbo ;)

Looks like good times.

Kevin